Topic Options
#70981 - 02/05/18 04:39 PM Trying to connect to a non-existent SPLM server
Edward Klein Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
I'd submit this one to Intergraph support, but it is giving me an error message that "This site is undergoing maintenance". Which in itself is pretty terrible. Anyway...

We normally use the green USB local HASP keys for our Caesar license. Due to some issues and as part of testing, my machine got pointed to a temporary SPLM server that was setup. Now, the temporary SPLM license has expired. Which is what was supposed to happen.

However, no matter what I do, Caesar keeps trying to look for an SPLM server and won't hit my local key. Of course, Caesar immediately closes after giving me this error message.

I've gone so far as to completely uninstall Caesar 2018 and reinstall - making sure to select the green USB key for licensing. Yet, that choice is being ignored. I'm still getting an error that it can't find a valid SPLM server.

I also tried to do the repair and modify options on the install, but it ignored my choice to point to the USB key with that as well.

Is there some configuration file that I need to manually edit? Or is there a registry entry that I need to update?

All the world is a Spring

#70988 - 02/06/18 09:14 AM Re: Trying to connect to a non-existent SPLM server [Re: Edward Klein]
Edward Klein Offline

I did another uninstall...which didn't actually uninstall everything. The 2018 folder was still in place along with several files and subfolders.

I manually deleted all that and cleaned a bunch of entries for 2018 out of the registry.

After that, I was able to run the install again, select the green USB key and it finally behaved properly.

Overall, pretty sloppy handling. But, I suppose this will all become moot when the new license handling system rolls out.

All the world is a Spring

#70995 - 02/07/18 08:44 AM Re: Trying to connect to a non-existent SPLM server [Re: Edward Klein]
Richard Ay Offline

That shouldn't have happened. The UnInstall will only remove items that the Install placed on the machine. If the software creates additional files or directories after the installation they will not be removed by the UnInstall operation.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics