Topic Options
#36050 - 06/09/10 05:53 AM Loadcases automation
salz64 Offline

Loc: Pakistan
Dear All,

Referring to a new feature i.e.Caesar 5.2 allowed users to enter seismic load through a wizard.
My First question is when is wind load be put as a wizard on Piping Input section?

Second question:
Loadcases for HANGERS, SUSTAINED & EXPANSION are recommended automatically if opted but for OCC loadcases having D,F,U & W loads, Caesar doesn't suggest cases & combinations automatically?.
As far as B31.1 is concerned the siesmic/wind are mandatory OCC loadcases to be considered in any analysis and they must be included in 'RECOMMENDED LOADCASES' though user should have a choice to select/unselect/edit them for analysis.

In most of stress analysis jobs, SUS, EXP & OCC (Wind & Siesmic only) are all that you need to calculate for that particular code being used. Wouldn't it be better if they are "Automated" by Caesar and not input by user again and again in loadcase dialogue box for different jobs. The custom loadcases and changes obviously will be available to user as usual.

Generally speaking that is what computers are for. You don't have to do tedious repetitive tasks again and again.

I'm a Fan of this software and to reduce stress jobs time as well as increase reliability I think this world-class software makers should consider this in order to keep it at top level.

Regards,
Salz

#36057 - 06/09/10 07:25 AM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: salz64]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Quote:
My First question is when is wind load be put as a wizard on Piping Input section?

The wind (wizards) are already there. When setting up Static Load Cases, click on the "Wind" tab.

Quote:
CAESAR II doesn't suggest cases & combinations automatically?.

That is correct. This is something we are working on, but it requires that we provide a mechanism where users can control how load cases are recommended.

Quote:
As far as B31.1 is concerned the siesmic/wind are mandatory OCC loadcases to be considered in any analysis and they must be included in 'RECOMMENDED LOADCASES' though user should have a choice to select/unselect/edit them for analysis.

Yes, exactly.

#36078 - 06/09/10 02:42 PM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: Richard Ay]
salz64 Offline

Loc: Pakistan
Thanks Richard, Good to hear you people are working on it.

I indeed knew that 'Wind loads' can be specified in static load cases but what I meant was that: It would be better if it is present in model 'Input' window along with the Seismic wizard. Anyway frankly it doesn't matter much but it shows a better sequencing which corresponds to:
1-All the inputs data at one location-Pipe data, Press,temp, wind,siesmic etc
2-Loadcases generation
3-Run analysis

One more thing, I noticed that seismic g-load option is placed in 'Special execution parameter'. Is it possible that this checkbox be available at siesmic load input window?

Regards,
Salz

#36103 - 06/10/10 07:35 AM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: salz64]
Richard Ay Offline

The reason the wind (and subsequently the wave) input is defined at the "load case level" is so that these "loading items" can be adjusted without bringing up the Input Processor and re-Error-Checking the model.

We do have plans to permit both "G-loads" and "force/length" uniform loads in the same model. This is supposed to be in Version 5.30, but due to time constraint, this may be pushed back to Version 5.40.

#41762 - 03/19/11 01:36 PM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: Richard Ay]
danb Offline

Loc: ...
Originally Posted By: Richard Ay
Quote:

The wind (wizards) are already there. When setting up Static Load Cases, click on the "Wind" tab.

Quote:
CAESAR II doesn't suggest cases & combinations automatically?.

That is correct. This is something we are working on, but it requires that we provide a mechanism where users can control how load cases are recommended.

Quote:

Yes, exactly.

I think Caesar will never provide any reccomended load case (other than thermal) and the reason is somehow political. It is however fair. Remember that the stress analyst is on his own.

Regards

#41764 - 03/19/11 05:14 PM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: danb]
Richard Ay Offline

We are working on a load case template editor, which will allow you to alter the load case template. Load cases are recommended from the template, so you will have control (based on your politics).

#41768 - 03/20/11 09:34 AM Re: Loadcases automation [Re: Richard Ay]
danb Offline

Loc: ...
Thank you Richard. Some will take it for granted.

Regards,

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics