Topic Options
#38384 - 10/14/10 06:38 AM Code Cases Output to Word
Watson Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I'm having trouble turning off the list of Code Cases when I output to Microsoft Word. When I build a custom report I uncheck the "Include Load Case Name(s)" from the template, but when I send the report to word, it still outputs the code case list. If I output to the screen, the code case list is not shown. I'm running CAESAR 5.10.02 build 080512 and office 2003 w/SP3

#38395 - 10/14/10 03:00 PM Re: Code Cases Output to Word [Re: Watson]
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
The check in the Custom Report Editor only applies to this particular report (displaying the loadcase info in the headers area).
The list of all the loadcases in the job is somewhat linked with the TOC. Turning off the TOC button in the "Output Viewer Wizard" area should do the trick.
In addition, you can send any currently opened report(s) to the MSWord/text/printer/etc as a quick dump (without TOC info regardless of the check status) by right-mouse-clicking on the report view and selecting "Send Report To..." or "Send All To..."

#38713 - 10/28/10 12:49 PM Re: Code Cases Output to Word [Re: Nadia Strikovski]
Watson Offline

Nadia,

I appreciate the reply. However, my problem HALF remains. While I can turn off the TOC without any trouble, the report still begins with the "Listing of Static Load Cases for this Analysis" when using the "output viewer wizard" or the "view report using microsoft word" toolbar button.

Your 'quick dump' method above DOES work the way I'd like my report to be viewed (without TOC and without the cases list), but I lose the convenience of stringing reports together like the "output viewer wizard" does for me.

The reason this is an issue is because of our documentation. We have many Caesar reports witch we need to put into Word format, but because of QA reasons we cannot modify the output using word, so I can't simply delete the list. This creates an abundance of extra paper because our list of cases is 2 pages long.

I'm guessing I just might be out of luck on this one.

#38725 - 10/29/10 08:16 AM Re: Code Cases Output to Word [Re: Watson]
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
OK, I will look into the details of CAESAR II-MS Word interface for better control over the inclusion of loadcase listing.

The Wizard "Finish" button and "quick dump" "Send All To..." options were designed to start a new instance of MS Word. However, the "View Report Using MS Word" toolbar button and the "quick dump" "Send Report To.." (for individual reports) options are designed to append the report to the existing instance of MS Word. Make sure you do not close the MS Word document in between the report "sends"...

#38811 - 11/03/10 06:58 AM Re: Code Cases Output to Word [Re: Nadia Strikovski]
Watson Offline

Nadi,

Thank you very much for your help. I realized after your explanation of the "Send All To..." and the "Send Report To..." that using the "Send All To..." function will ultimately accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
1 registered (liuhaiqing), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics