Topic Options
#36845 - 07/13/10 08:43 AM Account Numbers.
Diego J. Balbi Offline

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hi everyone.

Recently we've decided to use caesar's accounting module trying to enhance our productivity. Now I'm trying to set this feature and some questions must be answered before we fully implement it on the current project.

Is it necessary to configure all the machines individualy since we work with net licenses? (pricing factors, account numbers, etc)

Is it possible to get a report from any workstation or I must do it for each user's machine?

How can I lock pricing factor so as to keep it the same for all the workstations that are being used on the project?

Is there a way to do it without the user knowing that a cost monitoring is being carried out on the background?

Is anyone familiar with this feature and its configuration?

Thaks again.

Regards,
Diego Balbi.

#36867 - 07/14/10 07:26 AM Re: Account Numbers. [Re: Diego J. Balbi]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Here are the answers to your questions:

Quote:
Is it necessary to configure all the machines individualy since we work with net licenses? (pricing factors, account numbers, etc)

If there is only one CAESAR II installation, on a network drive, then only one "accounting setup" is necessary.

Quote:
Is it possible to get a report from any workstation or I must do it for each user's machine?

The report needs to be generated from the machines the accounting files exist. In the case of a single network installation/activation, this would be be the server where the \system directory exists. The accounting data files are stored in \system.

Quote:

How can I lock pricing factor so as to keep it the same for all the workstations that are being used on the project?

Setting the password should allow this behavior.

Quote:

Is there a way to do it without the user knowing that a cost monitoring is being carried out on the background?

No. With either setup, the user will know accounting has been activated.

#36875 - 07/14/10 10:59 AM Re: Account Numbers. [Re: Richard Ay]
Diego J. Balbi Offline

Thanks Richard!

So, you're saying that since I have performed all the settings on the server these will be applied automaticaly to all the user and, since the password is defined also on the server, no one will be able to acess the accounting without it. Is that correct? And what if I perform a different configuration on a workstation? Will this applies only on to that workstation?

Regarding to the last topic, let's supose that I have acessed each workstation to perform the first run after defining server's settings and I have choosed the accounting number. Will this avoid the users to choose it? Is this an "one-click setting" parameter? I mean, can the user change it after?

Regards,

Diego Balbi

#36971 - 07/21/10 11:14 AM Re: Account Numbers. [Re: Diego J. Balbi]
Diego J. Balbi Offline

Hello!

Regards,

Diego Balbi.

#36978 - 07/21/10 08:44 PM Re: Account Numbers. [Re: Diego J. Balbi]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Quote:
So, you're saying that since I have performed all the settings on the server these will be applied automaticaly to all the user and, since the password is defined also on the server, no one will be able to acess the accounting without it. Is that correct?

Sort of. This assumes that CAESAR II is installed only on the server and everyone is pointing to the same \system directory. If you're looking for something totally secure that no one can thwart - this isn't it. This accounting system was setup simply to allow users to track their jobs for subsequent charging to the client.

Quote:
And what if I perform a different configuration on a workstation? Will this applies only on to that workstation?

Yes.

Quote:
Regarding to the last topic, let's supose that I have acessed each workstation to perform the first run after defining server's settings and I have choosed the accounting number. Will this avoid the users to choose it? Is this an "one-click setting" parameter? I mean, can the user change it after?[/quote]

The user needs to select the account number everytime. However, when running "batch", the software "assumes" the last used account number.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics