Topic Options
#27011 - 04/28/09 03:15 PM DOWNSTREAM
morenogcesar Offline

Loc: Anzoategui, Venezuela
Hi all,

I´m working with a water piping system. This one belongs to a Conveyour Belt
cleaning system´s. My questions are the folowing:
How can i define the "DOWNSTREAM" in a especific bend?
How can i especificate the bend angle in the piping imput?, What´s the meaning of each one of them (Angle 1, Angle 2, Angle 3)?

I have another situation... The graphical overview show a bend out of phase of the entire piping system. I was delete the element. After, I was create again and this apear in the same position. What can i do?

Many thanks and regards!
Cesar Moreno

#27012 - 04/28/09 03:51 PM Re: DOWNSTREAM [Re: morenogcesar]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Quote:
How can i define the "DOWNSTREAM" in a especific bend?

You don't really need to think of "up" or "down" stream. Think of the "in-coming" tangent and the "out-going" tangent.

Quote:
How can i especificate the bend angle in the piping imput?

You don't. CAESAR II determines the bend angle from the direction cosines of the "in-coming" tangent and the "out-going" tangent. This is why it takes two elements to define a bend, and they must be sequential elements.

Quote:
What´s the meaning of each one of them (Angle 1, Angle 2, Angle 3)?

If you want to have additional node points on the bend, you specify the desired node number, and the angular location (in degrees from the start of the bend).

Quote:
The graphical overview show a bend out of phase of the entire piping system.

Chances are you're putting other elements between the two tangents. Don't do that. I suggest you refer to the bend description in the Quick Reference Guide - that should help clear things up for you.

#27039 - 04/29/09 07:19 AM Re: DOWNSTREAM [Re: Richard Ay]
Dave Diehl Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Oftentimes the display you describe (bend "out of phase" with the rest of the system) occurs when you attempt to define the bend at the From Node. The proper definition of a bend is at the To Node, that is, you click the Bend checkbox ONLY on the element that initiates the bend. The second pipe element that completes the bend must immediately follow. (It is only the orientation of these two, sequential elements that set the bend angle.)

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics