Topic Options
#19998 - 08/15/08 04:34 AM Good evening!friends! Could you please help me ?
love Offline

Loc: jiangsu china
good evening!friend!
I want to ask you some doubts.I am new to learn caesarii, i encounter many difficulties. such as :i dont have any imformation about caesar ,so i learn very hard,i only can read caesar help .
what is your experience in learning it ,do you learn it in your colledg.
are there some books about caesar in the libary when you are in colledg?
i now have nothing,so it is hard for me ,i want to ask you for some caesar
imformation,do you have some ?could you please give any?thank you !
waiting for your help!

#20012 - 08/15/08 08:10 AM Re: Good evening!friends! Could you please help me ? [Re: love]
CraigB Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
The only classes on CAESAR II are given by COADE. I'm sure you can search the site for information, although I don't know if they give classes in China.

Basic texts on the general subject of piping design and analysis are available. The ones I have include

Design of Piping Systems, 2nd edition, M.W. Kellogg
Process Piping, Becht
Piping Design and Engineering, Grinnell

There are also on-line courses available from the ASME (www.asme.org), with other textbooks that you can order from them.

This is a field of study that is best learned from experienced co-workers. If you don't have such a person available to you, I wish you luck. You're going to need it.

#20023 - 08/15/08 12:45 PM Re: Good evening!friends! Could you please help me ? [Re: CraigB]
WHag Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
If you want to master Caesar II in fact there are two important things you have to get familiar with:

1) Code Rules. Apply the relevant codes to check your piping system (ANSI, ASME, ISO, DIN ect)

2) Principles of Finite Element techniques

good luck!

#20209 - 08/22/08 10:31 AM Re: Good evening!friends! Could you please help me ? [Re: WHag]
Edward Klein Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The truth is, there aren't really any college programs that will produce a "pipe stress engineer". The only way to get good at it is to go to work for a company that has an established and dedicated pipe stress group. It will take several years working with mentors to learn enough to be a decent stress engineer.

The most important lesson to learn is that loading up Caesar and building a model from some drawing is not engineering. Caesar is just a fancy calculator.

The books and resources recommend above are good places to get background information. But, you can't really boot strap your way into this field. I echo CraigB - if you are not working in a group that already has experienced stress people that you can learn from, you should either find another company, or find another position within your company. You don't start a stress group with a new grad engineer. You start it by hiring in a 20-30 year veteran who can then start training new grads and passing his/her knowledge on to the next generation.

All the world is a Spring

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics