Topic Options
#8897 - 12/06/06 03:33 PM Empty Material Database
cbsam Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I have currently started using Caesar II Version 5.00.0, Build 051118 and I'm having some difficulty bringing up files from previous projects. The files seem to open up with all of the proper geometry, but all of the Elastic Modulus information is entered with zero values. This seems to occur whether I accept the material database substitutions on the way in or whether I decide to keep the previous values.

I started to look into what information is in the database, but when I go to Tools/Material Data Base, I get a blank editor screen (no information in it). I tried selecting different codes and inputting different material numbers but the form remains blank. Is there something wrong with my installation of the database and/or am I importing the old files incorrectly?

The only work around I have found that will work is to manually delete each modulus entry from the table so that the default values appear. This is very time consuming (unless there is a way to select a larger range and delete or copy correct values in the list view) and I would not want to do this repeatedly.

cbsam

#8914 - 12/07/06 11:42 AM Re: Empty Material Database [Re: cbsam]
Loren Brown Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
To review what is in the material database, go to Tools->Material Database, then select Material->Edit. Then type in the material name or number you are looking for and press the Search button. You will see a list of relevant materials, for different piping codes. Select the material and piping code combination you are interested by double-clicking it and you will be able to see all the data.

What material number was it? If it was a User-defined material that might explain the missing values.
Intergraph Process, Power, & Marine
12777 Jones Road, Ste. 480, Houston, TX 77070 USA

#8915 - 12/07/06 11:50 AM Re: Empty Material Database [Re: cbsam]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
First and most important, upgrade your CAESAR II installation! Build 051118 is the first edition of Version 5.00. There have been corrections made to the software since then - you want these. The latest build is 061102. Download this from the CAESAR II section of this website and install it.

Second (and almost as important), make sure you have registered your software. (From the Main menu, go to "\Help\On-Line Registration".) This is the only way we have of contacting actual users of the software, to announce the availability of new builds.

The problem with the Elastic Modulus values being fixed at zero is because (I suspect) the job originated as a PCF file and was imported into CAESAR II . Unfortunately the PCF interface initialized this data to zero, which was (in hind sight) a mistake. This problem has been fixed, but that won't help you with your current job.

#8977 - 12/11/06 03:36 PM Re: Empty Material Database [Re: Richard Ay]
cbsam Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Loren/Richard,

Thank you for the assistance. I updated the build on my version of CAESAR and the PCF import now properly imports the modulus data on new conversions. The material database is all present when I click on edit material as suggested.

cbsam

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics