Topic Options
#2526 - 02/10/05 07:30 PM Exist any Closed Flare system Without Problem ?
caesarV Offline

Loc: Mexico
Hi, I have read much about Closed Flare System, and Always understand that this system are afected by forces generated by flow, and is neccesary to make something consideration about this system desig, but, my dude is... exit any design very good ?, any system that does'n have this force (by the flow) ? Is necesary to make always the consideration ? What about with systems designer ? They are wrong ?

Thank you

from mexico city

#2527 - 02/11/05 11:02 PM Re: Exist any Closed Flare system Without Problem ?
NEELAM RAJA Offline

Loc: India, Australia(Perth)
For a Flare line in a process unit, it would be better to consider the SLUG forces, which is normally a function of Density, Area of pipe and Velocity of Slug.

There are some process units where a liquid /slug flow in flare lines have deformed the structures , expecially at the axial stops. It would be a good practice to consider these Horizontal loads at an early stage in Design.

Consult your Process Engineers for the flow parameters...

#2528 - 02/18/05 11:43 AM Re: Exist any Closed Flare system Without Problem ?
caesarV Offline

Loc: Mexico
Hi, thank you for the answer.... But if I have a flare system that have about 2 kilometers from plant up to elevated flare... The Slug is important ?... I think that there are enought distance for mitigate the SLUG flow... What do you think about this ?

Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by NEELAM RAJA:
For a Flare line in a process unit, it would be better to consider the SLUG forces, which is normally a function of Density, Area of pipe and Velocity of Slug.

There are some process units where a liquid /slug flow in flare lines have deformed the structures , expecially at the axial stops. It would be a good practice to consider these Horizontal loads at an early stage in Design.

Consult your Process Engineers for the flow parameters...

#2529 - 02/18/05 11:41 PM Re: Exist any Closed Flare system Without Problem ?
NEELAM RAJA Offline

Loc: India, Australia(Perth)
The Process group can advise a Stress Engineer on the possibility of Slug . May be a discussion with the Process group, (on the Piping layout abd slug formation )should help.

It appears the present discussion relates to Flare piping from the Plant Units to a Flare stack. Does the process parameters (for this line) in the line list generated by Process indicate a Possibility of Slug ?

My comment earlier was particluarly to a Process Unit flare system.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics