Topic Options
#56331 - 09/26/13 08:23 AM Isometric through CAESAR II
Shabeer Offline

Loc: india
Most of the time when you generate stress iso and encounter errors like the error you encounter is something problem you made while you set the I-configure. What I mean is something lacking or not properly set, that is why errors exist when you generate iso.

I will ask you if did you set I-configure first before you generate iso?
How did you set it?
Did you provide another program & free ware as a pre requesite for I-configure setting such as updated VoloView Express and sssplt30.ocx?

#56342 - 09/26/13 08:26 PM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Faizal K Offline

Loc: USA/Malaysia
I'm sure you'd rather have somebody from Intergraph to answer your question. But I thought I should share some of what I know about it since I was recently tasked to research and implement Isogen for our project.

You don't need to set up anything using I-Configure to successfully generate isos. Use I-configure to set up the style for the project. So if your model fail to generate isos using the default style, I believe that using the style created using I-Configure won't eliminate the error.

If you cannot run I-Configure without getting error messages, it may either be that your version of isogen is bad or the installation is incomplete. Talk to your IT guy. When I used CAESAR 5.2, in some build, the Isogen and I-Configure that came with it didn't work unless I install a service pack for it. In some later build, I still had to manually register some dll and/or ocx (including sssplt30.ocx) after the build installation.

By the way, specifically what error did you get?

#56343 - 09/26/13 11:21 PM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Shabeer Offline

Hi Faizal,

how we run the isometric by using of I-Configure. Is there any procedure to be follow. I search in goole and webniar. But i cant get the details.

And we get the procedure from Coade in that also i have doubt.

I presumed that you have set already your own drawing frame or backing sheet. Dont forget to save it in AutoCAD 2000 version.
Here is what you do:
1. Create a folder in your drive C.
2. Open I-configure from CAESAR II menu.
3. From file, provide new project "name of the project" Application "default".
4. Make copy "Check" and paste it in the project name you create as style and provide name of the style.
5. Make a copy of the backing sheet and paste it in the style you create.
6. Change the output format to dwg.
7. Change the default drawing frame to the new assigned drawing frame.
8. You can set also the distination of your output file.
9. Make settings for isometric style such as Drawing setup wizard, Dimensioning wizard, welding wizard & report Wizard. Be sure that you already update your VoloView Express.
10. When you generate iso, select existing style, browse the directory, name of the project and name of the style.

Try it, and see how it work.

i cant the get the point 4 and 5. could you please elobrate the same

#56345 - 09/27/13 01:42 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Faizal K Offline

Here are my assumptions:
*You are trying to create a new isometric style for the first time.
*Your CAD editor can edit DWG files.
*You're using CAESAR II 5.3.

Here's how I'd instruct you.

1) Run I-Configure. (If you get an error right after running I-Configure, talk to your IT guy).

2) Go to File>New...>Isometric Directory. Select where you want the directory to be. Let's use drive C:\. Click Make New Folder button. Name the folder to let's say IsoDir. Click OK.

3) Now C:\IsoDir should appear on the top left area of I-Configure window. Select it and then go to File>New...>Project.

4) In Create New Project prompt, specify the Project Name. Let's use Project1 for now. For Application, leave it to Default. For available styles, uncheck everything except the style called Check. (We'll just deal with one style for now). Click OK.

5) Using windows explorer, go to C:\IsoDir\Project1\Check. If you see 3 Folders and 1 .xml file only, your I-Configure did not put the backing sheet here automatically. (It seems that CAESAR 6.1 doesn't have this problem). So, go to this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II 5.30\3rdParty\Alias\I-Configure\Backing Sheets\
copy one of the .dwg files (try A2-CHECK.dwg) to the following folder
C:\IsoDir\Project1\Check

6) Edit the .dwg file as you wish. It will be your backing sheet for all isos created using this style.

7) Back to I-Configure, select the style that we created (style Check) from the list on the top left area of the window. From the bottom left area, select Check>Drawing>Output Format.... The menu on the right side of I-Configure should be automatically expanded. Change OutputFormat to Smart DGN.

8) Select Check>Drawing>Drawing Frame from the bottom left area, and the menu on the right side will change again. Change TemplateFile so that it points to the backing sheet that you prepared in step 6. And then the program will automatically change the path to $STYLE$\A2-CHECK.dwg.

9) Exit I-Configure, and save when prompted.

You've created the style.
When you want to generate the isometric later, when prompted for drawing style, select Use Existing Style.
And when you use this style for the first time, when prompted for Isometric Directory, Isometric Project and Isometric Style, select C:\IsoDir, C:\IsoDir\Project1 and C:\IsoDir\Project1\Check respectively.

By default your generated isometrics will be located at C:\IsoDir\Project1\Check\Drawings\.

If you can do the above successfully (using a simple CAESAR II file too), then only I'd recommend that you try changing other parameters. There are hundreds of settings that you can change in I-Configure. Tweak them one at a time maybe until you get the desired result.

Oh the Isometric Directory can be located at a network location if you want to let other users use the style.

#56346 - 09/27/13 01:55 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Shabeer Offline

Hi Faizal,

Thanks for your valuable information.

I am using CAESAR 5.2. shall we follow the same procedure or they might have different procedure. i will check and let me know

thanks for once again

#56348 - 09/27/13 02:50 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Faizal K Offline

Sure.
Should be the same as far as I can tell. I also have CAESAR 5.2 Build 110228 and I-Configure with the file version of 2.9.0.9 installed on my machine.

The backing sheet templates for this version are here instead
C:\Program Files (x86)\COADE\CAESAR II 5.20\3rdParty\Alias\I-Configure\Backing Sheets\

Actually our project used 5.2 as well since we're contractually obligated to stick with that version for analysis purposes. But, for the purpose of producing isos, I decided to use 5.3 since the Isogen that came with it has less problems. 5.3 still had some problems, but most of the time it's not something that we cannot easily fix in a CAD program.

#59793 - 07/22/14 10:58 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
insanitis Offline

Loc: morocco
hey everyone ,

while choosing styles to customize your templates : why we have to choose just check because there's other templates like final basic or others which doesn't work and i don't understand why there'are available if it doesn't work by default ..because me i really need to show my material list in my isometrics
thank you for your help

#63174 - 06/02/15 10:00 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
nitin_jain Offline

Hello
I am using isogen for the first time in Caesar II version 2013.
I have following querries

1)Default north setting is in-X direction, How to change that????

2) Can we take the isometric to pdfdirectly instead of autocad.

3)I want to show displacements at all support nodes. How to show maximum displacement or max loads for all cases??

#63175 - 06/02/15 10:52 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
1) You can use the "Edit Stress Annotations" tab to control how the ISO is generated. Item 28 in the list lets you specify the "North" direction.

2) Sorry but "no". The ISOGEN export produces a DWG file. You'll need some tool (perhaps not AutoCAD) to convert the DWG to PDF.

3) You can show output results by clicking the "Output" button (which will generate the output file for ISOGEN. You can then select the exact data you want to appear on the ISO. However, there is no filtering or post-processing going on in this Isogen module, so it cannot report the maximum displacement or restraint load - it doesn't know.

#63176 - 06/02/15 11:32 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Faizal K Offline

Richard, regarding #1, I can never get the isometric oriented the way I want. For instance, our project use +X as North in CAESAR modeling. And I want the isometric to have its North direction arrow pointing to the Top Left corner of the page. If I change Item 28, it seems like the piping on the isometric is not rotated, only the North arrow.

In one past project where we used CAESAR Isogen extensively, I remember that I had to write something to manipulate the PCF such that all coordinates get rotated to give us the isometric orientation that we want. For future reference, is there an easier way to achieve that? I know that rotating the input would do the trick. But I'm wondering if there's any settings in CAESAR II Isogen or I-Configure that I may have overlooked.

Edited by Faizal K (06/02/15 11:44 AM)

#63187 - 06/03/15 06:58 AM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Correct, #28 only changes the orientation of the arrow symbol. Other than rotating the model in the CAESAR II input to align how you want it, I can't think of anything else. I'll ask around to see if anyone knows of additional controls in Isogen.

#64055 - 08/20/15 11:15 PM Re: Isometric through CAESAR II [Re: Shabeer]
Sushant Offline

Loc: India
Dear All,
What I observed while using Isogen is, stress isometrics are generated as per your modelling.

Same global axis are used for isometric extraction which we have used for modelling in CAESAR II.

Generated isometrics are inlined with our CAESAR II model. And we have to change direction of arrow only, for north marking.....which is available at #28 of setting menu.

I think there is no need to rotate CAESAR II model.
Correct me, if I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Sushant Khandekar.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics