Topic Options
#23009 - 12/04/08 02:32 AM CAESAR Slowdown Problem
RAHUL Undr Stres Offline

Loc: India
Dear All,

I have to ask following query regarding CAESAR II.

One of our client is facing problem in CAESAR II.

When they opens any file in CAESAR II it opens very slowly and also when they zoom the model the zooming also take place very slowly and model breaks while zooming.

I have discusses this problem COADE technical support few months back and they suggested the solution that change the memory allocated to 64 Mb and Video driver to Windows Basic, But it didn’t work. Even when we change the video driver setting the model doesn’t open also.

System configuration is also Ok. They are having 2.13GHz Processor, Windows XP, 1 GB RAM.

The client is having red lock with 41 users, but they are getting this error on only two PC’s, On another PC’s with same configuration it is working fine.

Please kindly help me to solve this issue. Kindly waiting for your feedback.

#23011 - 12/04/08 03:32 AM Re: CAESAR Slowdown Problem [Re: RAHUL Undr Stres]
MPB Offline

Loc: Perth
Have you tried running the same model when saved on the hard drive of the computer ? If it opens and runs quickly then it could be a network issue.

#23019 - 12/04/08 08:01 AM Re: CAESAR Slowdown Problem [Re: MPB]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Find the difference between the two machines. Perhaps on the slow one there is a really crummy video card. Also, be careful with that RAM setting. If you allocate more than 50% of the physical RAM of the machine to CAESAR II you will really slow down Windows due to excess "paging".

Check where your "swap" file/drive is. Unfortunately this defaults to "Drive C" and if disk space gets tight - Windows slows down.

This is not really a CAESAR II problem.

#23077 - 12/07/08 10:51 PM Re: CAESAR Slowdown Problem [Re: Richard Ay]
RAHUL Undr Stres Offline

Loc: India
Dear Richard,

That client is having 40 user network license and on remaining machines with same configuration it is working fine.

#23084 - 12/08/08 07:49 AM Re: CAESAR Slowdown Problem [Re: RAHUL Undr Stres]
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Well there is a problem with that on machine. I have no other advice to offer. If their IT people can't figure it out, change the machine.

#23121 - 12/09/08 05:22 PM Re: CAESAR Slowdown Problem [Re: Richard Ay]
Itchy Offline

Loc: n/a
Hi Rahul

I have what sounds like similar problems with my system. When I open my first Caesar model of the day it can often take half an hour to load, I often have to abort my open command shut CAESAR II and reopen it to force the file to work. Once I have managed to get my first model of the day open it seems to be OK for the rest of the day - unless my model starts breaking up when zooming, then it will crash.

Besides thinking about dunking my USB key in a cup of coffee to give it a rush of caffeine in the morning to get that first file of the day open I just have learned to live with it at this stage. We have reinstalled the software but nothing seems to work.

Given we only get a new computer every three years I'll have to wait another 15 months or so before I get a new computer to see if this will eliminate the problem.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics