Topic Options
#5086 - 03/07/06 08:25 AM New Patch
jsmith-rentech Offline

Loc: Abilene, Texas
I have installed the latest update for version 5 of caesar II. I am thankful for the resolve of some issues but now I have some new problems. When I post to Word it says, "Outpo2 error- method or property not available because the object refers to a header or footer".
Also when the program has an error it loses all my load cases. It retains the recommended load cases.
Thanks Jim

#5087 - 03/07/06 12:02 PM Re: New Patch
Nadia Strikovski Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Jim,
Please specify what version (and service pack) of MS Word you have (start MS Word, go to Help menu/ About Microsoft Word).
What reports/load cases were you selecting when you received the error? Did you click the toobar button or used the Wizard?
Do you have OutWord.DOT template file in the System directory?
What error do you get when "program loses your loadcases"? Please specify at which point it happens, what buttons you were pushing, or what operations you were trying to accomplish; was it in the input, loadcase editor, output, etc...?
Please send your reply to techsupport at coade.com, to my attention.

#5088 - 03/29/06 08:27 PM Re: New Patch
TMOC Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Nadia,

I have also had the same error message when sending output to MS Word.

I am running MS Word 2003 with Office 2003 (no SP installed). I did get the same problem with MS Word 2000 (Office 2000).

There is an Outword.dot template in my Caesar v5.00 system directory.

I dragged all output options to the Viewer Wizard - First the "Generated Computed Results" options, followed by the "Load Cases Analysed" and "Standard Reports" (added at once). I added the "Generated Computed Results separately to get the Input Echo at the start of the document (easier than dragging up through the items once in the Wizard).

I select finish, it asks me about the content for Input, then it strikes an error.

I have both v5.00 and v4.50 final installed - in different directories.

I have had header troubles before between v4.40 and v4.50. The way to fix this was to re-register the v4.50 outword.dll file. V5.00 does use this type of dll file for its interface to MS Word.

It occurs with either option - using the Wizard or using the toolbar button. It seems to occur when generating the Input Listing.

Thanks

TMOC

#5089 - 03/29/06 10:51 PM Re: New Patch
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
No CAESAR II 5.00 does not need "outword.dll" registered with the OS. The functions that required this were rewritten for Version 5.00 to avoid this requirement.

This is a comment from another user, received today:
Quote:
I was suspicious about dictionary and grammar in Word, I went to Word and click to disable dictionary, spelling correction and grammar automatic warnings and corrections. Before this I deleted the Normal.dot file. And it worked fine!!!

I think Word was shocked trying to correct and warns about “too many word errors” and formatting the document at same time.
You also said you dragged all the reports to the Wizard. If you're having problems don't send this much data, you're choking Word. Process the reports one at a time. Another option is to put more RAM in your computer, but this is usually out of the question.

#5090 - 03/30/06 06:37 PM Re: New Patch
TMOC Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Richard,

Thanks for this. I will try and see if the error goes away.

My only other comment about choking Word is that when using v4.50, I could create a full report covering between 2,000 and 3,000 pages without any problems (full Table of contents, etc).

The last report I did was around 350 pages, and was running fine until it came to generating the input data.

Thanks

TMOC.

#5091 - 03/30/06 09:24 PM Re: New Patch
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
One of the differences with 5.00 (in an attempt to provide more capability with on-screen viewing, and to make the reports look better) is that the data is sent out and then formatted (once in Word) using a "table style". Word didn't have to do this with output from 4.50.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics