Topic Options
#2302 - 12/01/04 10:54 AM Employment..
Ed_D Offline

Loc: Portsmouth
I have Caesar II positions open for the following.
Beaumont Texas,Stronger Caesar II stress analysis is all thats required for this position.2 spots to start asap.I also have spots in Golden Colorado that require strong Caesar II and some power plant experience.If your looking for work please feel free to call me asap.

Ed
National Engineering Service Corp.

1-800-562-3463 X-707

#2303 - 12/02/04 08:02 AM Re: Employment..
rkuhn Offline

Loc: Santiago - Chile
Hi Ed,

Are positions only for US citizens?

Regards,

R. Kühn

#2304 - 12/02/04 08:37 AM Re: Employment..
Ed_D Offline

US Citizens or Green card.They are Contract positions until the 1st week of March.Good opportunity for Holiday money.I have 15 guys in Beaumont all ready and there working 52 hours a week.I can pay a referal fee of $100.00 if you have a friend that gets hired.

Ed_D

1-800-562-3463 X-707

#2305 - 12/03/04 08:44 AM Re: Employment..
John C. Luf Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Based on "Stronger Caesar II stress analysis"

Anybody who has posted the question..."Why is there no code stress allowable posted for my operating cases?" need not apply.

I think this is a superb way to link people with jobs! fakers need not apply

John C. Luf

#2306 - 12/07/04 02:44 PM Re: Employment..
Edward Klein Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
At least until the 2004 B31.3 hits the streets. Although, calling it a 2004 edition at this point when it's still not out seems humorous at best.

All the world is a Spring

#2307 - 12/11/04 05:54 PM Re: Employment..
John C. Luf Offline

Thanks Ed for all your words of encouragement!

My statement will stand until or if Coade provides the operating stress review.

John C. Luf

#2308 - 12/13/04 02:43 PM Re: Employment..
Itchy Offline

Loc: n/a
Hi John

Not everybody is lucky enough to be in the situation where they can get suitable training or work with more senior pipe stressing engineers to learn all the ins and outs of pipe stressing.

These days companies often go and buy a technical computer package like CAESAR II, give it to an engineer who knows nothing about pipe stressing and say use it. Having used a couple of pipe stressing packages myself I would have to say that CAESAR II would not be the easiest package to use for a inexperienced stressing engineer.

If you don't have somebody in your organisation to ask when you have a question (even a simple question like why do you not have a code allowable operating stress for B31.1) then how are you suppose to learn?? Yes, go and read the standards, but if you have not been involved with working with standards like B31.1 and B31.3 before then they can be daunting.

One should never be afraid to ask a question, no matter how simple they may seem and snide little comments posted by people like yourself might prevent a not so experienced pipe stresser from asking for advice. This discussion board is supposed to be open to all.

I added a post back in September asking about general pipe stressing training courses, other than the Coade one, (which I have all ready completed) and got no replies, so where are people suppose to get training?? I wonder as you have a lot if experience if you were lucky enough to work for companies (or government departments) in the days when there were plenty of engineers on a team, plenty of more experienced people above you in the organisation and plenty of time available for training. Unfortunately those days are a distant memory now. Luckily we have discussion boards like this one to ask questions at all levels, most of us don't know everything and it is nice to be able to ask and discuss.

:rolleyes:

#2309 - 12/13/04 06:10 PM Re: Employment..
John C. Luf Offline

Sir,

I in no way implied nor stated that asking a question is wrong. Read the post carefully this man wants EXPERIENCED, & QUALIFIED help. He does not want to hire people that need training.

You need to carefully review my statements before your response.

Now as to your needs....

Have you or do you have access to a B31 code book and have you studied it?... If your answer is no stop complaining and start studying.

Have you purchased any of the reference books on the subject matter posted on this website??? If your answer is no stop posting and start studying.

The bottom line is that I primarily learned this work from the study of these types of documents. I did'nt have the luxury of a web forum to ask questions most of which are answered in these texts.

The problem is everybody wants knowledge for free, but the student must always study, and work for their knowledge.

The other problem today is numerous people passing themselves off as competent in the field, who in actuality are not competent. These people are literally lying about themselves and taking work away from competent practioners.

So there you go I hope I have not hurt your feelings but this is the way I see things.

John C. Luf

#2310 - 12/13/04 06:39 PM Re: Employment..
Ed_D Offline

"Just to clear the air".

I certainly in no way meant to offend anyone.So everyone knows NESC is the company I work for.We are a nation wide placement firm.We have been placing Engineers and designers for over 20 years all over the country.Skill level in contract cases is determined by the Client companies.Most(Not All) will only use our services as a last resort to fill a short term need.There is no secret that when they do come to us they pay a premium for our peoples services.Thus depending on there need(Specially in a less than booming economy)they will always want to get the best they can for there $$$$.So when I posted the Caesar ll jobs I have on this forum it was mainly because #1 I had all ready put 15 guys on this job which along with a spot in Denver completely dwindled my resources.#2 The client company has a huge job to get done so they wanted very experienced people who could hit the ground running with minimal supervision.Thus the need for "Stronger Caesar ll experience".With all this said,I want itchy to know that if Caesar ll is'nt your strongest skill I can still find you work doing what ever it is you have done the most over the years.Sadly enough because of the nature of my business the chance that I will ever be able to get you any training is as close to 0% as it can get.I hope anyone who reads this post will feel free to call me anytime you might need a job..(Doing what you do best)

I hope this clears the air a bit.
All the best to you and yours over the Holidays..

Ed DePhilippo
Sr. Recruiter/Account Manager
National Engineering Service Corp.
1-800-562-3463 X-707
www.natleng.com

#2311 - 12/13/04 06:45 PM Re: Employment..
Ed_D Offline

P.S. Someone passed on my info from this forum to a gent.He called me Thursday and he starts tomorrow.

So John,you were right it was a great way to hook someone up with a job..

8-)

Ed

#2312 - 12/13/04 07:38 PM Re: Employment..
Itchy Offline

Loc: n/a
John, I can totally appreciate your comments, as we always have this issue regarding draughtspeople, yes almost anyone can push the buttons on a cad machine, but that doesn't mean you can produce suitable drawings.

If I was employing an experienced pipe stressing engineer then no I would not be happy if I employed a pipe stressing engineer who did not know why they have no code allowable stresses under operating load cases, but we all have to start somewhere and usually at the bottom.

Yes I have a copy of the codes in my company library and yes we have code reference books in our library and I am very lucky to work with a very experienced team of pipe stressing engineers. Others are not so lucky, get thrown into a deep pit with a CAESAR II dongle and have to try and make the best of what ever help that they can get.

I think this site is a great way of getting help and throwing ideas about and always welcome any advice that is given.

Hope everyone has a great xmas

(by the way John it's Miss itchy - not Sir Itchy)

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics