Topic Options
#1750 - 04/16/04 06:31 AM CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
Thirumurugan Offline

Loc: Chennai, India
I am facing one problem in CAESAR II 4.5. i.e Prepip.exe error. When i try to open an lower version file in 4.5 or while trying to work on the Input spread sheet when the input Graphical screen also active, CAESAR II showing the prepip.exe error.

This error message is appearing everytime while opening a file and automatically terminating the program without saving .This is happening even after installing the latest patch file.

Please somebody give me the solution to rectify this problem

Thanks & Regards

K.Thirumurugan

#1751 - 04/16/04 07:49 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Mr. Thirumurugan:

To our knowledge, this is not a problem that anybody else is having, so we need more information from you. Can you email me (Richard Ay) at ray@coade.com with:

1. Is this happening only with one (or a few) specific jobs? If so, can you attach an example ._A file?

2. What is the error? Can you send us a screen shot, or copy down the information?

3. What is your operating system?

4. Are there any specific keystrokes or other actions that lead to this error?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

#1752 - 06/14/04 07:04 PM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
P Massabie Offline

Loc: Toronto Ontario
I am having the same problem. It happens when you try to modify something in the spreadsheet while you have open the graphics mode, but you did not open the spreadsheet with the option available in the graphics menu. It also happens when you make more than one modification using, i.e. Deleting an element that is within the system, not at the end nor at the beginning.
The operating system is Windows NT.

Regards

#1753 - 06/15/04 06:50 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
Richard Ay Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
The problem of crashing, when editing the model on the spreadsheet, with the graphics simultaneously open, was corrected in the 040528 build. If you are not using this build, please download it.

If you do have this build installed, and the problem still exists, send me the input file, and exact step by step instructions on how to reproduce the error.

#1754 - 06/16/04 01:47 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
Y.Lee Offline

Loc: Geoje, Korea
Dear Richard:

I have a little different problem with 040528 build. Closing graphical view window after some operations (i.e. panning, zooming, etc.) causes abnormal termination of CAESAR II. I am using Windows 2000 and it had never been occurred with 4.40 version. Could you please let me know how I can fix it?

One another thing, I feel it's a little inconvenient to use with new graphical operation method of 040528 build. Before this build issued, I can use the mouse center button and scroll wheel for panning and zooming. But now, I should click the icons to change the operations from zooming to panning, from rotating to panning and so on. Is there any way to set up as before?

Thanks.

Y.Lee

#1755 - 06/16/04 08:17 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
David Little Offline

Loc: houston, tx
Y. Lee,

Would you mind telling me exactly the steps required to "crash" when closing? If it is related to dual viewer problems described above, those will be corrected in the next build (we're QA'ing the fix now).

This patch will also correct the missing mousewheel functionality.

Regards,
- David Little
- COADE, Inc.
- Houston, TX

#1756 - 06/21/04 05:01 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
Y.Lee Offline

Loc: Geoje, Korea
Dear David:

The "crash" occurs when I open the CAESAR II 4.40 file, but not always. Please refer to the following steps :

- Open the file, click the input icon, click the graphical view icon, and close the graphical view window.

Y.Lee

#1757 - 06/21/04 07:25 AM Re: CAESAR II 4.5 Prepip.exe error
David Little Offline

Loc: houston, tx
Y. Lee,

Here's a couple of things to try...

1. Open the configuration setup (under the tools menu), go to the "Plot Colors" tab, and uncheck the box labeled "HOOPS uses OpenGL", then,

2. Remove the .XML file for the job you are trying to open. You can do this through Windows Explorer, or by choosing "Clean Up Files" from the CAESAR II file menu, and removing "Scratch" files for the job in question.

If this doesn't work, then send us an email and we will try to help you on a one-on-one basis.

Regards,

- David Little
- COADE, Inc.

Moderator:  Denny_Thomas, uribejl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
12065 Members
14 Forums
16973 Topics