Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Wind china GB standard. by NAG @ 18 minutes 53 seconds ago

Hi Any body having CHINA GB 5009 English version. if you have please share my email id nhu@desmetballestra.com
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts HOW TO DEFINE SIFS & TEE IN CAESAR II FOR BIG DIA by NAG @ 28 minutes 43 seconds ago

Hi experts, I need your help. I have a pipe of 1000mm diameter & branch having 800mm diameter. Please guide me in CAESAR II SIF & tees where I need define in the branch. small pipes always we will consider for center of pipe & branch but this is big
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts User Request: Compass Update by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 05:42 PM

Since a picture's worth a thousand words, please see below. Not all software packages follow right-hand rule, and therefore, we shouldn't expect out of the gate that CAESAR does, either. However, we know it does, but it's not self-evident, either.
CAESAR II
JR Park, I understand you expect that someone is able to explain you the difference in deflections 12.5 mm in your hand calculation and 19.8 mm in your model. This is not possible without having details about your model. But I expect you can have
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts User Request: Break Nodes Update by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/13/19 10:56 AM

Currently, break nodes looks at the 2 nodes that a part of an element and puts a node directly in the center. For the most part, this is ok, until you end up breaking an element at the junction of one section of the model with another, and you have
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Lock Piping by dgorsman @ 09/13/19 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: dcalnanWe just lock the layer the line is on, to prevent any changes. Layer by line number, I take it?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Templates for modeling equipment by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/13/19 09:05 AM

In CAESAR, you have the option to import other piping files... Environment, Include Piping Files. You could manage a library of vessels, but you'll probably find that if you don't memorize them, it'll be quicker to input the parameters manually. Th
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts User Request: Screenshot previews by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/13/19 08:57 AM

When you open CAESAR files, there's a stick model preview. What if instead, when you closed a CAESAR file, it took a low resolution export of the last screen before it closes and displayed that? Or perhaps displayed it in addition to the overall s
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Caesar 2019 3D Plot Max Force/Displacement by anubis512 @ 09/13/19 08:40 AM

Also, I have to say Caesar 2019 seems to be very buggy which is disappointing. It frequently crashes/closes the piping input and loses changes that were made prior to crashing.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Synergy between PDS or Intergraph and CAESARII by bag_piper @ 09/13/19 02:15 AM

Michael has summarized the problem nicely, thanks for the same. But I have heard some EPC contractor overcoming it. And what I understand, it has been done in co-ordination with SP3D development team ? Anybody has inputs ?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Edit Report - Print Node on Each Line by Stack_cl @ 09/12/19 12:17 PM

Hi, I am working in a model with a large quantity of restraints and cases (14 cases and 450 supports). So I have to do a post process of the results in excel, in order to obtain the biggest supports loads in the model. I want to edit the "Restraint
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Caesar 2019 Seismic Wizard Error by Richard Ay @ 09/12/19 07:12 AM

You are correct, the 0.7 factor is no longer applied by the (ASCE-7) Seismic wizard. We changed this purposely, to be consistent with the (ASCE) wind load generator. The 0.7 (seismic factor) and 0.6 (wind factor) should be applied to the appropriat
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Thermal Expansion Co-Eff by anubis512 @ 09/12/19 05:35 AM

Input your temperature (T1, T2, etc) and double click the chevron for the temperature/pressure box (>>). It'll give you the thermal expansion in "in/in" I believe.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Number of spring support for big bore piping by Van Ha @ 09/12/19 02:12 AM

Hello, I'm using springs for flare lines above 70in. Is there any criteria to set how many spring (can type) should be used for very big pipe in this case? So far I only know the rule to use more than one spring for lines above 30in.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts B16.9 reducer by Huub @ 09/12/19 01:51 AM

How does one define in PVElite that a cone conforms to B16.9, and therefore doesnt require calculation as per ASME VIII-1 UG-44(a)? Right now I have inserted a cone to represent a B16.9 reducer. This 'cone' requires a wall thickness that is greater
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Spindle Direction on Primary Axis by Vanman @ 09/11/19 11:34 PM

There is a mark text box just underneath the spindle direction dropdown from the ICEDIT dialog.
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Incorrect PrgmCodes after Spec Upgrade by dgorsman @ 09/11/19 11:19 PM

Plain old Notepad.exe.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Feature Suggestion: Master Load Case File by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/11/19 04:43 PM

I'll have to check it out once I get away from contractural obligations to an older version of CAESAR. Historically, I'd just copy and paste the data into Excel, and VBA the headers in. Unfortunately, the more I use Excel to automate my tasks, the
CAESAR II
I have added a lump mass at each node of the element based from the weight of the displaced fluid (basically, by dividing the computed displaced fluid weight to the number of nodes which are equal spaced). It compares well with another software resul
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: PTFE LINED PIPE by NAG @ 09/10/19 10:05 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Michael_Fletcher FOR CLEAR EXPLANATION & DETAILS
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: The difference of coil spring and disc spring by Pat LaPointe @ 09/10/19 11:53 AM

Piping Technology has come out with a new line of product where a very short travel spring support is required. Low and behold, it is stacked Belleville Washers. See it in their new catalogue. Dave, I am the CAESAR II user who mentioned the use of
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: SEISMIC RESPOSE FACTOR(RP) by NAG @ 09/09/19 10:00 PM

ok thank you very much mariog I agree.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Feature Request: Displacement Transfer by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/09/19 09:53 AM

This is an extension of an already existing feature. Currently, we can extract loads for WRC, etc. calcs from a CAESAR file. I want to do the same thing from one CAESAR file to the next, except I want CAESAR to import displacements, and for all loa
CADWorx Structure
Man, I hope you're correct. My thinking is that I just haven't played around with the new version enough. Fingers crossed. Thanks!
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Irregular Waves by Borzki @ 09/09/19 06:44 AM

As I've seen in the google search this is really a very big topic which cannot be covered in this discussion. Anyway, thanks all in advance, in case you have some concise idea based on your experience. Just a general idea will do, It will take tim
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
11707 Members
14 Forums
15977 Topics