Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: thrust load on Expansion joint by Michael_Fletcher @ Today at 12:27 PM

Here's an analogy: Take a vertical pipe in CAESAR. Anchor at the bottom, free at the top. Apply a horizontal displacement at the top node of L. Run and calculate the model. You have a force and a displacement, therefore, you have a stiffness of F/L.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: GRP line: sif in "pipe to pipe" by Michael_Fletcher @ Today at 10:30 AM

You may need to reach out to the piping manufacturer for guidance, which they may be prepared to not deliver to you an answer. If such is the case, it should be on you to "strongly recommend" to not circumvent engineered components as it encumbers y
CADWorx Plant
"Bolt component with selection code (null) was not found in specification..." anyone else having these issues? Bolts are a constant ongoing problem here. *edit spec issue here fixed it
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic Naming Weld Prefix by naeilers @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

Did you ever get this to work? Interested as well.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mistake in max stress from expansion casses by Ahmed_Kamal @ Yesterday at 02:15 AM

Hello Richard , Thank you for your reply I did some modification to keep the stress within allowable in max case but you can easily notice that the stress in this case is much higher than other cases. I notice that it take the lowest allowable stress
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Restraint Loads during Sustain Case by Michael_Fletcher @ 01/16/19 02:43 PM

I suggest providing something that we can look at. But here are two stabs in the dark. If a pipe span has sufficient sag, it will draw the ends, though I'm given to understand CAESAR does not consider this case. If a pipe is able to rotate about a
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts CAESAR II 2019 Beta is Available by StephDonovan @ 01/16/19 12:06 PM

CAESAR II 2019 (v 11) Beta Program is now LIVE!!! To participate register at: CAESAR II 2019 Beta Participants must be current on maintenance. Current licensing is used for the Beta and the Install/Serial Number will be provided. The Beta
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: expansion joint weight by Dave Diehl @ 01/16/19 08:28 AM

The expansion joint element, in CAESAR II, is weightless. I suggest you apply added assembly weight to the (rigid) elements on either end of the joint.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: liberal stress in EN 13480 by vick @ 01/16/19 03:52 AM

Hi Richard, Thanks for your response. I had read the mentioned paragraphs Still I am confused whether paragraph 12.3.4 speaks about operating stress or liberal expansion stress for sigma4 stresses. Can you please through some light on this?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts CAESAR Pet Tricks by Michael_Fletcher @ 01/15/19 09:32 AM

To be honest, I don't like the kind of windows dialogue box uses when creating a "new" CAESAR file. It's inconvenient to me as all our network servers are not conventionally named in easily memorable manners. In lieu of this, I create a new text fil
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Wind Loading by anubis512 @ 01/15/19 08:25 AM

At least the "g" factor has pretty simple equations to check; I've made a quick Excel sheet that matches Caesar's output to confirm. I think Caesar does a good job of being up front about what it does and how it does it. If you want to really peak b
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: Nozzle Issues in Equipment design by ferdoX @ 01/15/19 03:23 AM

Thank you for advice.
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: Equipment not loading by ferdoX @ 01/15/19 03:19 AM

Sorted, but only by uninstalling and re-installing the whole CadWorx suite.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Interface Question by Dave Diehl @ 01/14/19 04:17 PM

Not that I know of. But I think the lists would serve this purpose well, e.g., Show all SIFs.
CAESAR II
This problem has been addressed with the rewrite in Version 11 (2019) which just entered Beta Testing.
CAESAR II
thank you Richard. SR sent with some simple improvement suggestions.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: EN-13480 Material 1.4903 Creep Properties by Borzki @ 01/14/19 09:34 AM

Thanks for that. So it's the difference in the factor used. Warm Regards,
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: A691 3Cr Modulus of Elasticity by Tyler_Magliolo @ 01/14/19 09:20 AM

Trainee, Thank you for the information. It seems our database has incorrect values for that material and piping code. I have filed this in our development backlog. For now, you should use the code specified value.
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Bill Of Material BOM Template by AleDori @ 01/12/19 11:08 AM

I'm trying to setup a "Equipment" BOM on plant. At page388 of the manual is written "CADWorx Equipment list Lists the data you can display in a bill of material for CADWorx Equipment components. You can drag-and-drop the data you want to the Selecte
Who's Online
1 registered (Richard Ay), 35 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
11597 Members
14 Forums
15697 Topics