Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Richard Ay @ Today at 03:33 PM

My preference for this would be the addition of a small dummy rigid element of the correct weight (mass) at the CG, as Michael suggests above. The concentrated force will work also. The UDL method will work as long as you set the magnitude back to
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Exchanger modelling strategy and Spring hanger selectn by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Quote: 1.)We have modeled the inter stage coolers (Heat Exchangers) as a pipe element... Generally, this is acceptable for typical pressure vessels, such as shell and tube heat exchangers. However, this is only a partial picture. Quote:...filled w
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Natural Frequency basis by anubis512 @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

The 4 Hz value is also seen in Chapter 8 of Kellogg's Design of Piping Systems.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mill tolerance 12.5% by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

Dauren, Click the "New Topic" link at the top of the forum's main page. The Mill Tolerance is displayed on the classic piping window on the left side, approximately half way down. It automatically populates, but you can change the value.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: setting for *.IMP files? by vermaccio @ Yesterday at 12:34 AM

thank you. where can i find parameters list and an explanation to use them?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Allowable stresses by ivtijerina @ 09/20/18 05:38 PM

I now learned that that code does not include HDPE, it is for metals. Does anyone have a recomendation for this type of cases? (working with HDPE)
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Springs Hangers at same location by Dave Diehl @ 09/20/18 08:47 AM

Just a few points... If the spring itself is treated as a piping component - one with very low (axial) stiffness - the preload on that spring can be thought of as a cold pull (cut short). That's what you are doing when you adjust the spring to carry
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Isogen and PCF files by DPI @ 09/20/18 02:04 AM

Hello every one, I'm working on configuring my output isometrics using I-configure. Everything works fine except when I click on "create stress isometric" in isogen: there's no PCF files appearing on the window where I can choose my drawing style ("d
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Flange Protectors by dgorsman @ 09/17/18 08:13 AM

CADWorx doesn't have anything like that. I'd consider making part of a custom gasket myself, just for expediency. Otherwise you'll have to bugger around with pipe supports or restraints, or manually adding generic-attach created objects.
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: It's 2018 - How are YOU placing instruments? by ferdoX @ 09/17/18 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: mtgJust trying to get an idea of what everyone is doing here for instruments. I'm talking PI's PT's etc. Here are the different ways that I know of in no particular order of preference - but I have seen them all: 1. Isogen S
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Allowable stress Hydrotest ASME NC by RodrigoVicente @ 09/17/18 06:42 AM

Dear, Why the allowable stress of the hydrotest, for the code asme NC, is zero? Thanks!
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Stats
11526 Members
14 Forums
15565 Topics
70045 Posts