Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: What is Vector1, Vector2... in the Displacement input? by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/15/19 10:01 AM

An additional note. You might be tempted to say D1 = {1,0,0,0,0,0} and D2 = {0,0,1,0,0,0} thus D1+D2 = {1,0,1,0,0,0} but this would be incorrect. I think CAESAR averages the 2? D1+D2 = {0.5, 0, 0.5, 0, 0, 0}. (Or it could also do SRSS - I just don'
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Request: Buried Piping Workflow Enhancements by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/15/19 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: engineer001chMichael, you mean something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHomizl2f0&t=795s Somehow I missed this response. Yes, this functionality appears equivalent to what I described.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Deleting Friction values off supports by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/15/19 09:50 AM

In the load case editor, you can set the friction multiplier to 0, and this will eliminate friction for all supports in a given load case. Of course, you can do this for all of them, as well. But it's good to know that there's find and replace func
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Request: Nozzle Analysis by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/15/19 09:48 AM

Since the original post (11/06), I've been digging into Excel's "new" Power Query toolset. I'm finding that I like it and am working towards automating a lot of CAESAR checks in it. Perhaps I could wrangle my own to do this.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: design codes' revisions by Richard Ay @ 11/15/19 08:51 AM

The piping code years are in the Quick Reference Guide.
CADWorx Steel
Jump to new posts Re: Handrail - ladders cut by Byron @ 11/15/19 06:25 AM

Vanman - Is this method good for Structure 2019 - It seems to ungroup but cannot delete the individual member? Thanks Byron
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts design codes' revisions by pooria1978 @ 11/15/19 03:33 AM

hi all, can anyone please tell me where to find the code revisions in the help files? I see the list of "new" improvements of every CII version but, I am not able to find the code's years used in that particular CII version. many thanks in advance
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Request: Nozzle Analysis by vermaccio @ 11/15/19 02:07 AM

but you have to extract datas to insert in that excel sheet. long time needed. better to insert the axis direction near the a,b,c letters inside caesar. example: if you extract only the nozzle load report you will see Fa, Fb, Fc, Ma, Mb, Mc. Well, i
CAESAR II
what about inserting a button to view the colored piping based on the type of soil used and what is/is not underground?. as already we do to see the temperature and the pressures of the complete pipe system. many times you find a mistake in table on
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: caesar free viewer: will be ever developed? by vermaccio @ 11/15/19 01:46 AM

A caesarII license is VERY expensive. and hexxagon can't think a company buy expensive caesar licenses only to let support drawers to LOOK at model and input datas. The expensive caesarII cost is justified by the ability to perform stress calculation
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Deleting Friction values off supports by Faizal K @ 11/14/19 07:03 PM

you can also open Restraints list, select any cell in the Mu column, press ctrl+F. Then use the dialog to find and replace the friction coefficient. Say, find 0.3000 and replace with nothing. It should remove all friction coefficient that matches the
CAESAR II
also, displacement is a vector since you have magnitude and direction. just like the force input.
CAESAR II
CAESAR II is just allowing you to define up to 9 sets (vectors) of displacements. Let's say your line is tied to a much larger header having multiple operating modes. Say case 1, the header goes +1" in the X direction. Case 2 it goes to -1" X and +
CAESAR II
I understand displacements but why call it Vector 1, Vector2 etc. Is there some significance that I am missing as to why it is called that??
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Deleting Friction values off supports by Tom45 @ 11/14/19 06:44 PM

It would be great if you could go to the restraint list and select the Mu column and press delete, to get rid of all the friction values Or would be great if you could highlight several Mu values and delete them by pressing delete. Right now when yo
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: B16.9 reducer by corne @ 11/14/19 01:57 PM

As far as I know you can't. PVElite is made to perform calculations according to ASME VIII (and other codes), not to exclude items from the calculation. Although this is sort of done for standard flanges where the P/T rating can be used. B16.9 fitti
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Request: Nozzle Analysis by Bob Zimmerman @ 11/14/19 01:23 PM

I have used this form in numerous styles over the years since I "updated" it to LOTUS123 way back in 1992. Over the years it has always been helpful to see the GLOBAL and LOCAL loads on one sheet!
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: User Request: Nozzle Analysis by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/14/19 12:57 PM

Make that (+X), (-X), etc and I agree.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: caesar free viewer: will be ever developed? by Michael_Fletcher @ 11/14/19 12:50 PM

NWD is a proprietary format. But I'll note that Navisworks (not the free version, of course) can import a plethora of formats, some of which are semi-open.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: B16.9 reducer by Huub @ 11/14/19 08:09 AM

Is no one reading this forum (anymore) or is this such a difficult question?
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Adding additional Valve information on ISO by Hauser @ 11/14/19 07:59 AM

Thanks Guys, Ill give it a try
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Adding additional Valve information on ISO by Vanman @ 11/13/19 11:02 PM

You can map custom data from the PRJ to a component attribute. Then you can have Isogen populate/callout that component attribute on the Iso. Been some time since I have done this but it definately works.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: WRC107 CALCULATION by NAG @ 11/13/19 10:25 PM

hi experts please answer my query
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: caesar free viewer: will be ever developed? by Arjun_Unniyampath @ 11/13/19 09:08 PM

Or Hexagon should add a module where in the user can geerate ".nwd" files (post error checking), with attributes like pressure, temperature, thickness & support gaps
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Gimbal Expansion joints Arrangement by NRAM @ 11/13/19 05:49 PM

Sigma, Nozzle allowable load of adjacent equipment is low and I cannot use the metallic expansion joint. Movement of the nozzle in left side equipment is about 30,40 mm in the vertical and radial direction, thus movement*stiffness of metallic expansi
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
11721 Members
14 Forums
16073 Topics