Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Ethical behaviour in problem solving in piping pressure integrity pays little in Emerging India! A column on retirement finance in Washington Post today urged me to share the story of a typical honest piping stress prblem solver like me. In 2002, I
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Angled support isogen callout by PaoloDP @ Yesterday at 12:25 AM

Is your pipe orthogonal with WCS in AutoCAD? Or you are using UCS - difrent angle. If pipe is not orthogonal, isogen will create some strange angles at supports or valve spindles.
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Specification Table Mismatch by PaoloDP @ Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Ufh, from 2014 to 2019... i suggest that you rebuild your catalogue. I also using DBCodes for one project and I am keep finding strange things to happening with that codes. I find out that tables are not linked correctly even it says that it is linke
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Loads on restraints for spring can with friction by Dave Diehl @ 04/18/19 11:17 AM

Your Model_1 includes the height of the spring can while Model_2 does not. These systems respond in a similar fashion as expected (and as suggested by the note in the Application Guide). It looks to me that the loads transferred to the pipe at Node
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Angled support isogen callout by hwood @ 04/18/19 08:56 AM

Can someone please tell me how to change the way that isogen generates the angle of supports? Currently it generates "SUPPORT W43 N47". The fabricator would prefer it show "N43W" but I don't see anywhere in I Configure to change this. I am current
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Eccentric Reducer by Dave Diehl @ 04/18/19 07:40 AM

This slope, alpha, is used by some piping codes to develop a stress intensification factor for that piping component. (B31.3 does not set an SIF for concentric reducers.) As far as I know, no piping code addressed in CAESAR II sets an SIF for eccen
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Eccentric Reducer by anubis512 @ 04/18/19 06:31 AM

See the Casear II Applications Guide and this link: http://forums.coade.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=920
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Eccentric Reducer by vik @ 04/17/19 10:52 PM

Hi, How does CAESARII calculate alpha of eccentric reducer. Because, unlike concentric reducer,for eccentric reducer The slope on one side is (D1-D2)/Slope Length and the slope on the other side is 0 Thanks, Vikas S
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Specification Table Mismatch by sylv7320 @ 04/17/19 10:58 AM

I also notice I have duplicates for every entry in the Component Types table.
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Specification Table Mismatch by sylv7320 @ 04/17/19 10:39 AM

I am using CW 2019 with DBcodes. Every time I make a change to the base catalog and accept the update from base to project catalog when going back to the prj file I lose some dbcode selection for certain items. When I repick the dbcodes and save the
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Cadworx Exquipment Layer Configuration by cadfusion @ 04/16/19 09:52 AM

I am trying remove all the unwanted layers from my models and returning after being purged out. These layers are in the imperial.cfg file but even if I remove them there... they always come back. How do permanently set the layers I want to use? [E
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Seismic Load and Nozzle Loading by anubis512 @ 04/16/19 07:45 AM

Marchie, I would expect that data to come from the structural group who designed the equipment support structure.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Loads on restraints for spring can with friction by Alessiaccio @ 04/15/19 09:05 AM

Thanks for Your reply, Mr. Ay. Model_1 @ node 430 has spring can modeled with all rigid elements described in Applications Guide; instead Model_2 @ node 430 has the +Y restraint with friction placed directly on Cnode. Horizontal loads are different
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by Richard Ay @ 04/15/19 07:20 AM

What version of c2 are you running? (Try this: if you can't change the "FROM" node number, try a PgDn to move to the next element, then PgUp to go back to the previous element.)
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by Michael_Fletcher @ 04/15/19 07:17 AM

This may be a separate issue, but I frequently have issues changing node numbers of existing piping elements in the model. Clicking in the "From" node places a cursor in the "To" node field, but allows me to edit neither. For whatever reason, it's
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Loads on restraints for spring can with friction by Richard Ay @ 04/15/19 07:16 AM

Can you attach the job so we can look at it?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by anubis512 @ 04/15/19 06:33 AM

That may be a function of the Cadworx export? I haven't done of lot of modifying Cadworx imports. I assume its not something silly like Numlock being turned off haha.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by joeseagle @ 04/15/19 06:10 AM

I've uploaded an example. I simply want to move this drain so that its branches off node 1255 instead of 1210. Caesar does not let me edit the "from" node. So I basically have to delete the old drain and create and entirely new one as the work aro
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by joeseagle @ 04/15/19 06:07 AM

An example: When we pull completed models in .c2 format in from CAadworks and I want to move a branch to a different location, I should only have to change the "from" node on the branch to move that branch to its new location. Caeser literally won'
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I change the "From" node??? by anubis512 @ 04/15/19 05:46 AM

Not sure what you mean. I have the latest build of 2018 and it typically just asks for global coordinates when I want to switch the From node to something unrelated to previous nodes
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Why can't I change the "From" node??? by joeseagle @ 04/15/19 05:44 AM

In one of the later Caesar updates it seems as though I've had issues with changing the "From" node number in elements. It denies me the ability to change this number which would allow me to move elements and adjust models as needed. Does anyone kn
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Loads on restraints for spring can with friction by Alessiaccio @ 04/15/19 04:14 AM

Hi esteemed experts, I modeled a spring can with friction according to Caesar II 2018 Application guide. I noticed that horizontal loads on restraint X and Z @ node 10 / cnode 15 are different front horizontal loads on +Y restraint with friction pla
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
11650 Members
14 Forums
15820 Topics