Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Thank you Michael, I agree with you. I just want to know who has the experience to use the double gimbal expansion joint on tank nozzle. I think it does work but seems almost never be used in this kind of situation.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Buried pipe restraints vs global element force by Michael_Fletcher @ 01/22/21 02:57 PM

That's a difficult question to answer without foreknowledge on the piece itself. The more flexible the transition piece, the lower the loads will be. If the manufacturer cannot give you ballpark answers on the "normal" stiffness of these transition
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Same model - Different desing codes by Stack_cl @ 01/22/21 04:49 AM

Hi, yes I know the different stress reports, there is a "Streeses mutlicode", also we have the "stresses" this one generate different sheets per case and per code, thats right... but I want a report that shows the legend "code compliance evaluation p
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Buried pipe restraints vs global element force by daprin @ 01/21/21 09:16 PM

Hi fellow pipe stressers, I have underground CS/HDPE pipe interface. When Caesar calculated the loads at this interface point, which loads are applicable to be reported to the transition piece Vendor? The calculated restraints (no bending moments) a
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Same model - Different desing codes by Michael_Fletcher @ 01/21/21 05:55 PM

I know CAESAR has issues with at least some piping code combinations - e.g. B31.3/B31.8. But hopefully you organized your CAESAR file nodes in such a way you can identify by the number what the materials are. E.G. nodes 1-4000 = steel, nodes 4010+ =
CADWorx Plant
I had an issue where we were cleaning up a set of files to turn in to the client at the end of the project. I used AutoCad's reference manager to fix the paths of all the xrefs to be relative instead of absolute, and a bunch of the models had Cadwor
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts caesar 2019 and microsoft office by vermaccio @ 01/21/21 09:21 AM

what is the newest microsoft office (word, excel) version that is FULLY compatible with caesar 2019? i mean that caesar can start and create word/excel report without problems. Office 2016? office 365? office 2019? which one is better for caesar?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Tied Expansion joint with gap by Lido (TCS) @ 01/21/21 05:24 AM

Ahmed, effectively it seems a non-standard lateral expansion joint with expansion and angular possibilities. strange... first of all, have you checked the pressure thrust? I read 46.53kN/bar, therefore for 0.85bar the piping arrangement and supports
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Same model - Different desing codes by Stack_cl @ 01/20/21 02:27 PM

Hi, I am working in a model with Steel and FRP pipes, we are using ASME B31.3 for the steel pipes, and ISO 14692 por FRP. How can I get the report "Code Compliance" per code? When I see the report the ratio%, code stress, axial stress, etc is list
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: SPLM Failed : Datetime ... by diegosurf82 @ 01/20/21 11:08 AM

Hi Alyy, I fixed too. For me it was caused by windows 20H2 update. Once I've updated windows, Caesar restarted to work. The real big problem was to update windows with 20H2... Thanks for sharing.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: SPLM Failed : Datetime ... by Alyy @ 01/19/21 09:33 PM

hi Diego, I had just fixed it. It was caused by the Windows update KB4598229. just go to the control panel and uninstall it. It works after PC restarted.
CAESAR II
Thanks danb & Michael for that very good enlightenment... I would specify restrained joint in this case to simplify things from design and analysis point of view. Any other opinion is highly appreciated.
CAESAR II
1) Un-restrained Joint - This type of joint can with stand only hoop pressure. Concrete thrust blocks are required at directional changes to resist longitudinal forces. eg: Rubber Ring Joint 2) Restrained Joint - It can accommodate both hoop pressur
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Restrained & Unrestrained Joint for FRP Piping by Michael_Fletcher @ 01/19/21 03:08 PM

I think the wording is a little backwards from an engineering design perspective. It's a solution looking for a problem that might exist, or it might not. I.E. it's not a "restrained joint" versus "unrestrained joint" so much as it's just "joint." W
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Restrained & Unrestrained Joint for FRP Piping by Borzki @ 01/19/21 01:59 PM

Hello fellow Stressers!! What is an example of unrestrained joint and restrained joint in FRP piping? Also kindly give your opinion on the statement below: "When restrained joints are used, the pipe should be designed to accommodate the full magni
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: CADWorx Equipment 2020 LWN flanges by Hal Perison @ 01/19/21 12:24 PM

Rather than using the Nozzle Type: Standard. Have a look at using the LWN from the FVC Nozzle Type. Here you can set it up to use catalog dimensions or Actual dimensions (your dimensions). I have had better success with these components rather tha
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: SPLM Failed : Datetime ... by diegosurf82 @ 01/19/21 07:07 AM

Thank for your reply Alyy, have you fixed it ? Customer Service of my country told me that could be the new windows update 20h2. Please share if you find a solution, I will do the same. Thanks
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: SPLM Failed : Datetime ... by Alyy @ 01/18/21 07:08 PM

me too. This error came since last Friday. My laptop wasn't able to set the time, as it is controlled by company's Administrator.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts SPLM Failed : Datetime ... by diegosurf82 @ 01/18/21 01:54 AM

Good morning Gents, have any of you ever received this type of error? SPLM Failed: Datetime is not synchronized with server How can I fix it ? Thanks in advance
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: CADWorx Equipment 2020 LWN flanges by Vanman @ 01/17/21 11:53 PM

I believe its reading the LWN flange from the data table values. Perhaps you would get he desired results with a slip on flange ?
Who's Online
1 registered (elsa0918), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
11843 Members
14 Forums
16461 Topics