Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Buried small bore branch piping by vermaccio @ Yesterday at 04:11 AM

i have this datasheet (see attached file)
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Re: Tanks lost by Vanman @ 05/18/22 11:34 PM

Which version of the software is this ? 2020 or earlier ? I once had this problem where I had created a model with Metric/Metric unit system. Then later when trying to edit I had a metric/inch system set and could not edit the model. Setting it bac
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Buried small bore branch piping by daprin @ 05/18/22 05:49 PM

Hi Vermaccio, T\thanks for the input . Are you able to provide information on the product? daprin
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by Richard Ay @ 05/18/22 11:38 AM

Yes that is correct. FEATools (the full licensed version) is more advanced than B31J. B31J implements empirical equations (based on testing and FEA results), while the full FEATools also includes full finite element analysis of tee components.
CAESAR II
B31J SIFs are not applicable for torsional branch loads. Since torsional branch loads on a lateral connection act on a thin oblong opening, better to use FEATools as it automatically calculates the torsional SIF and incorporates it into the model.
CADWorx Equipment
Jump to new posts Tanks lost by shollinger @ 05/18/22 08:04 AM

I opened up one of our tank models and I can no longer modified it. Nozz. list as 3d objects and all data is there when I hover over nozz. But I can not add nozz or edit existing nozz. The equipment pallet does not open when double click on equipme
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by astressguy @ 05/18/22 02:01 AM

THANKS A LOT BORZKI AND RICHARD SIR FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS ISSUE
CADWorx Plant
I believe the catalog level custom data can be set as a default, but can be overidden in the model with different data
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by Richard Ay @ 05/17/22 12:34 PM

It would be quicker to email Tony Paulin over at PRG.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Tee Design by Borzki @ 05/17/22 09:55 AM

Thanks dan. actually when I google it, I found many technical articles related to this. Anyway, I'll just cross the bridge when I get there. No real job of this sort at the moment. Just preparing myself in case I encounter one. Cheers!!!
CAESAR II
Better write to the committee and clarify. Warm Regards,
CADWorx Plant
I will look into the suggestions here. We looked at just adding Custom Data on the data table for valve. However, it was then an issue with inside the same spec, we would be linking to that same data table and needing two different operators and valv
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by astressguy @ 05/16/22 11:20 PM

THANKS ALL FOR YOUT TIMELY HELP However i am still not sure for applicability of B31J to only 90 deg branches due to the below statement in 31J. Any views on the same?
CADWorx Plant
Have you looked at using Custom Data ?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Tee Design by danb @ 05/16/22 01:15 PM

Sometimes will be labeled as Special Piping Item, but you will still have to buy as it would be an equipment item I guess. Sometimes it is necessary to have the calculations as you specified due to thermal gradient, but again, this is a very narrow f
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Tee Design by Borzki @ 05/16/22 01:01 PM

Thanks Dan for clarifying. I thought it was a piping component that is the solution for this high thermal gradient between two streams. If anyone has a picture of it, would be nice to see it. But if it's proprietary and not for public use, please
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing Tee Design by danb @ 05/16/22 12:52 PM

The mixing tee is not a piping component. It is an inline element with inlet/outlet and a side connection for the fluid that will be mixed with the main fluid. There are some non moving blades inside that help mixing the two fluids. I guess it is not
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Mixing Tee Design by Borzki @ 05/16/22 12:40 PM

Hello, fellow Stressers!!! Have anyone have experience in mixing tee design. Just curious how does it looks like. Just heard of it but haven't seen one. This is one solution, depending on the outcome of CFD coupled with thermo-mechanical analysis.
CAESAR II
Michael is right. My senior stress engineers before just use 2 x SIF of 90 deg. since FEA during that time is scarce if not available. With the tools available now, it's better to use it and compare it to 2 x SIF of deg. Physical testing is anothe
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Spec Information(ie. Valve Trim or Operator) by Matt.Worland @ 05/16/22 08:13 AM

Index and Dat Codes should do what you are after, but it needs to be a full long description based on the index code. If you are looking to build a long description based on many different fields, then you can add the fields to one of the required ta
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by Michael_Fletcher @ 05/16/22 06:02 AM

B31J was an enhancement to what's already within B31.3. Neither cover branch connections outside of 90 degrees.
CADWorx Plant
I have a client that is wanting as much information as possible to be added to the long description of several components. I will use the valve though as an example. Is there a way to add a custom table for the various valve trims and then reference
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: use of B 31J for Reinforced Branch connections by astressguy @ 05/13/22 04:55 AM

Hi Borzki thanks for your response. I had an additional query if i do not have FEA tools enabled , Still i suppose we can use B31J utility of C-II FEA Translator for D/d < 50 and d/D 50 and d/D > 0.6 does B31J allow these options or do we have to
CAESAR II
You can use FEA tools for 45 deg. lateral flex and sif's
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
11992 Members
14 Forums
16811 Topics