Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: g factor for vertical seismic of ASCE code by Richard Ay @ 04/09/21 03:47 PM

In the later versions of c2 (Version 11 and later) you need to apply the multiplier for both wind and seismic loads. For seismic this would be 0.7*U and for wind it would be 0.6WIN. For Versions prior to Version 11, consult the documentation.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic analysis for buried pipe per B31.4 by engineer001ch @ 04/09/21 03:22 PM

I think seismic analysis of buried piping should have a completely different approach. Something like this https://rb.gy/5hmf0u
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Dynamic analysis for buried pipe per B31.4 by Juan_Miguel @ 04/09/21 09:01 AM

Good morning Dave, According to what you comment, I would like to clarify a bit what I understood from your comment, if I perform a dynamic analysis under B31.4 I will not be able to obtain the admissible for efforts within the dynamic response? Sh
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: g factor for vertical seismic of ASCE code by Juan_Miguel @ 04/09/21 08:13 AM

Dave Diehl According to what you mention if I carry out in cases of static load the combinations for earthquake in operation as follows: P + T + W + U1 P + T + W-U1 P + T + W + U2 P + T + W-U2 P + T + W + U3 P + T + W-U3 Is the system already mul
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Error 559 by diegosurf82 @ 04/09/21 04:17 AM

Issue solved. Thanks Mr. Ay I'm very honoured to have received a reply from you.
CAESAR II
How can I simulate in the dynamic module of Caesar II the load cases for earthquakes that the civil area that was used to simulate a cable-stayed bridge which supports a pipeline provided me Dead weight D Fluid (water in pipe) F Preestres P Earthqua
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Load dinamic seismic by Juan_Miguel @ 04/08/21 09:18 PM

Why in the load report it gives me a similar load in dynamic Caesar II when I evaluate earthquake in the same node for different load cases
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Snubber and system frequency by mariog @ 04/08/21 10:21 AM

I guess nobody wants to convince you "to use a snubber to arrest the vibration, i.e. increase the natural frequency of the system". Snubbers are rather shock absorbers, which in such applications form restraints between piping and the structure. The
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Snubber and system frequency by Jay_Stress @ 04/07/21 08:29 PM

Thanks all for your responses, still...I am not convinced to use a snubber to arrest the vibration. (Ie increase the natural frequency of the system). let us take cases of a transfer line system that vibrates in the startup/shutdown cases and used a
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: Stress due to combine loads - LamdaC value by mariog @ 04/07/21 12:49 PM

I cannot answer to your question (maybe someone from Hexagon can do it), but I recommend you to download a good document where lambda_C is better explained than in Div 2, choosing a free link by google search " Miller Shell Structures ".
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Supports in Material list by PaoloDP @ 04/07/21 05:58 AM

Ah, I found it, It was easier then I thought. Admin can delete the posts.
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Supports in Material list by PaoloDP @ 04/07/21 02:16 AM

Hello, question from the subject, how to add piping supports in the material list of isometric drawing?
CADWorx ISOGEN
Jump to new posts Re: Adding Pipe Schedule Attribute to *.PCF File by Vanman @ 04/06/21 10:50 PM

What are you wanting to do with the PCF ? You could export an enhanced PCF with the C2PCF command, but that generally does not create an Isometric.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Stress due to combine loads - LamdaC value by scorpio_23 @ 04/06/21 12:58 PM

Dear all For a Division 2 vessel, Straight Face of a Cone to Flange joint is modeled as a cylinder and analyzed for Combined loadings as per 4.4.12.2. As a result, Below warning occurs since LamdaC is exceeding 1.2. However the PV Elite report does n
CAESAR II
Hi Vick, You can consult to expansion joint vendor with suitable experience in slurry piping. So far I haven't experience such application. Ultimately, the vendor needs to consider the fluid in the expansion joint in the serviceability of the EJ. C
CAESAR II
Thanks Borzki & Pat for your response. However, considering pump with spring is always risky option. we need to model basplate/motor etc properly in CAESAR II simulation. Instead i thought to put the exchanger on spring. At present, i had consider
CAESAR II
Vick, Consider mounting the pump on a spring base. See Goulds Pumps Manual GPM 9 page 267. The photograph is of a Goulds Pump/motor mounted on a spring base and looks very much like one of my installations for a circulating pump on a strong black
CAESAR II
Hi Vick, As long as you satisfy all the criteria in your project specification you should be fine. Please note that expansion bellows have a certain criteria such as unity check. Refer to EJMA. What's the temperature of the line and the density*velo
CAESAR II
Thanks Borzki for your response. However, as per stress analysis, this circuit is not working without bellows. Therefore, i am going with attached arrangements. Any opinion/Suggestion on this is highly appreciated especially for type & location of
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
11867 Members
14 Forums
16527 Topics