Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CADWorx Plant
Originally Posted By: VanmanIt should be possible with a custom data field in the gasket table and the long descriptions schema updated accordingly This is what I do, as I want it in the body of the description and not at the end. As far as I kno
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: slip joint modelling in caesar ii by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

1) When fully collapsed, it is a pipe inside a pipe. When fully extended, it's no longer really a pipe within a pipe. Therefore, it'll be approximately double stiffness or single stiffness, depending on which configuration the slip joint sees. To tha
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: LNG onshore - blast possibility by mariog @ Yesterday at 06:43 AM

As a liquid, LNG is not explosive and so it is the vapor cloud released in an open area. I guess the concerns are related to BLEVE hazards by similitude with LPG. However, some studies concluded that a BLEVE event in unlikely for LNG, mainly because
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: slip joint modelling in caesar ii by vick @ Yesterday at 04:32 AM

Thanks Michael for your response. However, i am not clear on your below point: 1) "a lateral stiffness equal to that of pipe when extended, and double that when collapsed". 2) "Zero axial stiffness for static analysis" Can you pls elaborate furthe
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts LNG onshore - blast possibility by njersey2010 @ 03/26/20 12:18 PM

Normally LNG is considered as clean fuel. If released in open area, It is not prone for explosion. Still, Blast load consideration is requested by clients of LNG on-shore plants. Is it due to possibility of ethane, propane presence in the Plant. It i
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Lock Piping by jwood @ 03/26/20 08:45 AM

Another option is you could change the properties of the piping model file to read only with admin rights. If all structural/civil/piping/etc. were x-ref into a "master" model.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: CaesarII 2018 Input and graphic window not opening by Richard Ay @ 03/26/20 08:27 AM

I presume you could run v.10 on this machine before? Based on this assumption, what changed on your machine? Things to check/try: 1) see if there is an update to the driver for your graphics board. 2) In the c2 configuration, try switching the grap
CADWorx Plant
You could also look at the CAT for how ", SPEC_MAT_TBL GRADE_MAT_TBL" is described.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: slip joint modelling in caesar ii by Michael_Fletcher @ 03/26/20 07:57 AM

1) A slip joint comes in single or double slip joint configuration. The pipe is allowed to telescope with pipe-in-pipe design. Double slip joints are anchored in the center. 2) As an expansion joint, or 2 expansion joints on either side of an anchor
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts slip joint modelling in caesar ii by vick @ 03/26/20 05:35 AM

Hi experts, I am working on a Regenerator internal SCSP pipe connected to SCO well & found that there is slip joint near to aeration nozzle. Just want to know below: 1) What exactly is slip joint & how do it differ with other kind of bellows? 2) ho
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts CaesarII 2018 Input and graphic window not opening by Zahid_mech @ 03/25/20 11:26 PM

Hello all respected members, Have you ever faced this problem that the Caesar 2018 (ver 10) Input window and graphic window is not opening. However the files that I had run earlier I can open its static load case window and can also run it for analys
CADWorx Plant
It should be possible with a custom data field in the gasket table and the long descriptions schema updated accordingly
CADWorx Plant
Is it possible to change the "R" suffix to "RX"? That would eliminate the possible confusion. SaturnV
CADWorx Plant
The R number is coming from the RNO column of the data file for the gasket. CADWorx will append it onto the description in the model. If you want to stop it from doing that, change the values to "0".
CADWorx Plant
This is the description after placing in Plant: GASKET, CL 5000 RTJ, API 6A TYPE 6B/ASME B16.20, TYPE RX, CARBON STEEL, ZINC COATED R39 I do not know where the "R39" comes from and how the ring number is being appended to the description. The des
CADWorx Structure
Jump to new posts Re: Stair Styles by Vanman @ 03/23/20 10:40 PM

Stairs have some limitations I have found. I guess the intent is more for conceptual design as opposed to detail design for fabrication.
CADWorx Plant
I am not following this question, could you clarify?
CADWorx Plant
Doing some tests with a spec I have created for the flanges (ASME CL 2500 RTJ and API 6A Type 6B). The gaskets are Type "R" for ASME and Type "RX" for API. When I place a flange set, the correct "R" number is displayed in the description in Plant (
CADWorx Structure
Jump to new posts Stair Styles by Byron @ 03/23/20 05:57 AM

Anyone have an Industrial Stair Style that actually works they could send my way to use as a go by. - I have been fighting all the variables for over 3 weeks now. Thank you Byron
CADWorx Plant
Jump to new posts Re: Lock Piping by dcalnan @ 03/23/20 04:36 AM

So we have since discovered, that having locked layers prevents the model from syncronising with the database, so we're no longer going to lock layers.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
11749 Members
14 Forums
16199 Topics