Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by 007 @ Today at 11:16 AM

Yes, it worked, thank you. I rename the file to max 8 character, (although the software user guide suggest max 15 characters) As you suggested, I had to open a new Caesar 2 file that the new unit file can be used in it from start. I picked the new un
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by Richard Ay @ Yesterday at 04:38 PM

Ok, here is a wild guess: rename that new units file so it only has 8 characters. See if that makes a difference.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by 007 @ Yesterday at 10:31 AM

On the Utilities tab, if I click on Create/Review Units , it will not appear to be reviewed or copied/created, although it is already created. But Interestingly, in the configuration editor, it will appear in the following path: Database Definitio
CAESAR II
Must be a matter of rounding. Caesar database is based on the Imperial units, the metric values in Caesar are the result of conversion so are very precise. The metric values in B31.3 are rounded.
CAESAR II
Dear Richard, I used Latest version CAESAR II V.13 CODE B31.3 2020 I referred C-II old version also it is giving same ALLOWABLE values.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by Richard Ay @ 02/05/23 10:07 AM

When you select the new units file from the drop-list, does it appear in that dialog (above), for "Units File Name"?
CAESAR II
We're on the same page in this case. Cheers!!
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by 007 @ 02/03/23 03:27 PM

Richards, Other thing is even I open a new file, and chose a new configuration file with newly built Units File, it still does not give me an option to change the Unit File set up. It is locked, check the screen shots attached. Thank you
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by 007 @ 02/03/23 12:06 PM

Hello Richard, Thanks for your response, what kind of utility? and where I can access to it? I appreciate your time.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Units File Operations by Richard Ay @ 02/03/23 09:42 AM

Changing the units file doesn't affect existing input files (models). I presume you haven't gotten too far with this, just start a new model and it should work as you expect. If the model already exists, and has a lot of elements where rebuilding w
CAESAR II
The Codes do update/modify material values from time to time. So the answer depends on what Version of c2 you're running and what Edition of the Code you are referring to. I suggest you open a Support Request on Smart Support to obtain an answer.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Units File Operations by 007 @ 02/03/23 09:28 AM

Hello, I wanted to input a tube Out-side Diameter (OD) information (2") which is different than regular pipe OD (2.375") (different than NPS). Based on CAESAR II User Guide , I had to create a new Units File and modify the Auto Convert and turn it o
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: .pcf to isometric by vermaccio @ 02/03/23 08:17 AM

i tried to copy and paste a pcf file from another source (autodesk plant 3D). it doesn't work: trying to create the iso you obtain a error message "Check Box Control for anotation Grid not found"
CAESAR II
Dears, When i am using A790 S32760 material, i found for 100 DegC as per B31,3 is 248 Mpa but in c-II it is showing 246,291 Mpa and for 125 DegC as per B31,3 is 243 Mpa but in C-II it is showing 241,637 Mpa can i know why the difference in valu
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts SeismComponent response modification factor (Rp) by Borzki @ 02/03/23 02:19 AM

Hi Fellow Stressers!! I've read this article online.: "Component response modification factor adjustment: This adjustment factor varies from a factor of 1.0 (Rp = 1.0) for nonstructural components that exhibit an ability to deform and remain within
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Distillation Column Pipe Supporting by Edward Klein @ 02/02/23 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: zallBut I confused. Whole vertical pipe is moving to up along with vessel. Does it true? Certainly it's true. What were you expecting to happen? As for the support arrangement, the other poster is correct, you really want
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: .pcf to isometric by danb @ 02/02/23 11:44 AM

Caesar pcf are generated every time when you access stress iso. The only possible way is to go to the piping pcf, copy and then past over the Caesar generated pcf. Give a try.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: A312-TP321 by danb @ 02/02/23 11:41 AM

I wonder how many will take a look into the B31.3 to check this issue. Maybe is not a bad idea to update the database. I have now some lines that will be subject to some modifications, several times analyzed in the past and in all calculations the al
CAESAR II
I am concerned about integrity of spigot joints due to random displacements in piles.
PV Elite
Jump to new posts Re: Warning Message by zishanengineers @ 02/01/23 04:38 AM

iam facing the same issue CG of Vessel is too near or Outside the Lift Points! i have used skirt option in pv eilite what should i do?
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
Forum Stats
12057 Members
14 Forums
16957 Topics