Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Richard Ay @ Today at 03:33 PM

My preference for this would be the addition of a small dummy rigid element of the correct weight (mass) at the CG, as Michael suggests above. The concentrated force will work also. The UDL method will work as long as you set the magnitude back to
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 08:51 AM

Step 1) Copy your CAESAR file and delete everything but the vessel. Run the input checker, and it'll tell you how much your caesar model of your vessel weighs and its center of gravity. Step 2) Find actual weight of vessel and actual center of gravi
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Exchanger modelling strategy and Spring hanger selectn by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

Quote: 1.)We have modeled the inter stage coolers (Heat Exchangers) as a pipe element... Generally, this is acceptable for typical pressure vessels, such as shell and tube heat exchangers. However, this is only a partial picture. Quote:...filled w
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Natural Frequency basis by anubis512 @ Yesterday at 08:29 AM

The 4 Hz value is also seen in Chapter 8 of Kellogg's Design of Piping Systems.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Mill tolerance 12.5% by Michael_Fletcher @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

Dauren, Click the "New Topic" link at the top of the forum's main page. The Mill Tolerance is displayed on the classic piping window on the left side, approximately half way down. It automatically populates, but you can change the value.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: setting for *.IMP files? by vermaccio @ Yesterday at 12:34 AM

thank you. where can i find parameters list and an explanation to use them?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Mill tolerance 12.5% by Dauren_10 @ 09/20/18 11:02 PM

Hi Everyone, I am so sorry that i am writing here for another post/ I am new user, I dont know how to create the new post on site, also new user Caesar II. Can you tell me please, we are uing Mill tolerance 12.5% for insulated pipes or uninsulated
CAESAR II
The heat exchanger used in our particular case is a Shell and tube type heat exchanger
CAESAR II
Hello Michael, Request you to please reply serially to my queries. As far as keeping the stresses within allowable limit are concerned, please note that this is a 5 stage centrifugal compressor. The team at Hexagon / Intergraph are yet to come up w
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Chasndrakant @ 09/20/18 08:18 PM

Also request you to reply to my Query-2 posted in my 1st post
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Chasndrakant @ 09/20/18 08:17 PM

Hello Dave, Thank you for your reply. So, as per your response I should not use UDL to make up the difference in the weight of the heat exchanger. If not so then how can I ensure that the heat exchanger modeled on CAESAR-II shall have the same weig
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Allowable stresses by ivtijerina @ 09/20/18 05:38 PM

I now learned that that code does not include HDPE, it is for metals. Does anyone have a recomendation for this type of cases? (working with HDPE)
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Allowable stresses by ivtijerina @ 09/20/18 05:29 PM

Hi. I`ve searched for the cold and hot stress value for Material A53 B in ASME B31.3 and could not find it. "Specifies the cold stress value. Typically, this is the cold allowable stress for the specific material taken directly from the governing
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Natural Frequency basis by Dave Diehl @ 09/20/18 02:48 PM

You will see such limits in the Energy Institute's Piping Vibrations Guidelines and DNV-RP-D101. Two phase flow may excite harmonic response of lower modes of piping vibration. By staying above 4 Hz you will reduce the likelihood of such piping fai
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Exchanger modelling strategy and Spring hanger selectn by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/20/18 02:33 PM

Ultimately, you are responsible for modeling the appropriate movements and reactions of nozzles and keeping them within allowable loads of the nozzles (which may be validating stresses of equipment), and within allowable stresses of the pipe. There
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Natural Frequency basis by Jay_Stress @ 09/20/18 12:36 PM

Hi As per our Design basis, piping system carrying two phase fluid is to be designed to have a natural frequency of 4 Hz or more. can anyone tell me the basis of this 4Hz figure? Regards JP
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Springs Hangers at same location by Dave Diehl @ 09/20/18 08:47 AM

Just a few points... If the spring itself is treated as a piping component - one with very low (axial) stiffness - the preload on that spring can be thought of as a cold pull (cut short). That's what you are doing when you adjust the spring to carry
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Dave Diehl @ 09/20/18 07:33 AM

Uniform loads are a "carry forward" property. Unless you reset your uniform load to zero, the input following your heat exchanger will have the heat exchanger's uniform load.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: setting for *.IMP files? by Dave Diehl @ 09/20/18 07:29 AM

Yes, the .INP (not .IMP) files control the format of the input print format - Stoomwezen has some extra parameters to display.
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: setting for *.IMP files? by danb @ 09/20/18 02:30 AM

I guess there are a sort of routines to generate input echo reports.
CAESAR II
For an earlier executed project for pipe stress analysis of 5 stage centrifugal compressor, We have some queries raised by our end client. We would like to get them sorted out and also increase our understanding about correct modelling techniques in
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Isogen and PCF files by DPI @ 09/20/18 02:04 AM

Hello every one, I'm working on configuring my output isometrics using I-configure. Everything works fine except when I click on "create stress isometric" in isogen: there's no PCF files appearing on the window where I can choose my drawing style ("d
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: UDL assigned to piping model by Chasndrakant @ 09/20/18 01:54 AM

Query:-1 1.)As per the snap attached below, please note that there are 2 heat exchangers. I have modeled them as pipe elements filled with water. 2.)After that I calculated the weight of the heat exchanger modeled in CAESAR-II and compared it with
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts setting for *.IMP files? by vermaccio @ 09/19/18 04:15 AM

Inside caesar there are several .IMP files inside directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intergraph CAS\CAESAR II 2016\Stoomwzn where can i find a manual or a reading to understand the meaning of datas inside these files and what they are useful for?
CAESAR II
Jump to new posts Re: Springs Hangers at same location by Michael_Fletcher @ 09/18/18 02:05 PM

Mario, In response to your question: Quote:In the end, nothing wrong to consider such deflection under CL as "cold spring"- just curious you tell Caesar there is a "cold spring"? I would only model in cold spring in order to emulate an existing ph
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
1 registered (Richard Ay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Stats
11526 Members
14 Forums
15565 Topics
70044 Posts